January 20, 2011

Knitting Optimism


Yesterday, while riding an Amtrak train up the California coast, I cast on some beautiful Chameleon Bambino yarn in a prismatic scarf pattern that I thought for sure would rock its colors. I even had my husband rush and wind the yarn for me before leaving so I could have it for the trip.

But, it turned out to be just a confusing mess of colors and stitches. (The yarn was great, and the pattern was great, but they weren't compatible.)

So, I found another pattern that calls out to this yarn like no other (Waves of Leaves shawl). I must use this yarn in this pattern. I must!

Unfortunately, it's a complicated 4 part pattern, requires that I learn how to read a chart, calls for using circulars I don't have, and I'll probably need to start 3 times before I get it to work. And after looking at my yarn label, I see that there may not even be enough yardage.

Nevertheless, I shall try! There's something about beautiful yarn, a stunning pattern, and the need to start a new project that gives me optimism that I can overcome any knitting obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment